How to Apply
Academy for Leadership and Action
The National LGBTQ Task Force’s Academy for Leadership and Action works to develop leadership competencies in three focused areas:
- The ability to win short-term political victories for the LGBTQ community, primarily through waging effective ballot initiative and grassroots legislative campaigns at the state and local level.
- The ability to build an organization’s capacity to act, which includes the ability to raise money; manage staff, board members, and volunteers; and build long-term relationships with a broad cross-section of progressive movement leadership.
- The ability to frame publicly LGBTQ issues within a broader progressive struggle for justice.
Applications for the 2015 Academy for Leadership and Action Fellowships are now closed.
In the interim, please stay in touch through the courses and opportunities listed in our Online Organizing Academy. You can request an account by visiting the Online Academy. With over 100 hours of courses and many resources, the Online Organizing Academy is a great way to enhance your skills!
We appreciate your interest. If you have any questions please contact:
Before e-mailing your materials, please write your name, specific internship name, and the term for which you’re applying in the subject line.
Here’s an example: John Doe – Pride Internship – Summer 2013.
- Knowledge of and commitment to LGBTQ issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency in word processing, database work, e-mail, social media and online research.
- Desire and dedication to work in our multicultural environment, where commitment to diversity based on race, ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation and physical ability is an important institutional value