Communications Marketing Campaign Manager
The National LGBTQ Task Force builds power, takes action and creates change to achieve freedom and justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer people, and their families. As a progressive racial, economic, and social justice organization, the Task Force works toward a society that values and respects the diversity of human expression and identity and achieves equity for all. The Task Force has offices in Washington, D.C., New York, and Miami.
Location: Washington, DC or New York, NY.
Reports to: Communications Manager
Travel: up to 30%
As we grow the Communications Marketing and Branding team and increase our programmatic work, with a focus on external and more substantive campaigns and public events (virtual and in-person), a Communications Marketing Campaign Manager’s primary role is to develop effective marketing campaigns, manage and create social media content on a regular basis as well as create content for events, working across departments and with partners organizations and media to target the strategic audiences as appropriate.
The ideal person before this work is experienced, knowledgeable and understands the process of creating effective marketing strategies, analysis, and ROI. As well as creating content in coordination with the CMB team. Messaging, content creation experience and understanding of social media are vital part of this role, holding the Task Force’s core values at the center of their work and staying within budget.
- Participate in the development of branding and identity initiatives;
- Develop and implement marketing plans, including promotional calendars and programs;
- Develop and manage marketing budget;
- Conduct constituent research initiatives in coordination with the Development Department and other necessary staff;
- Collaborate with the CMB team to integrate the Task Force’s outreach on social media, online and other advertising/paid or in-kind outreach;
- Work with CMB team to negotiate with media partners and execute partnership deliverables;
- Manage consultants, freelancers and others as appropriate;
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Work especially closely with Task Force website and email programs;
- Primary developer and implementer of organization’s comprehensive marketing strategies on events and awareness campaigns;
- Create and implement individual marketing plans for each of the Task Force’s major events, information, publications, etc.;
- Devise a plan to ensure all Task Force materials are uniform and follow the Task Force’s design and branding guidelines. Materials to include banners, campaign and program materials, advertisements, promotional items, premiums etc.;
- Liaise with graphic designer/s and be staff lead in implementing event marketing plans and ensure that event marketing plans are being carried out properly and that they follow all design and branding guidelines of the Task Force. Liaise with media outlets to follow through on placements from the advertising plan, with the goal to leverage relationships with media to get free or discounted advertising in exchange for media sponsorships, in coordination with the Institutional and Corporate Giving Manager;
- Other duties assigned
- Professional experience and demonstrated creativity and effectiveness in marketing, use of brand, communications, and graphic design.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout, and design skills. Able to express complex concepts cleanly and visually.
- Experience with creating video content and editing video content.
- Proven facility in WordPress, HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms, professional prepress, printing, and publishing.
- Experience in coding for email campaigns, including petitions and message actions. The Task Force uses Luminate by Blackbaud and experience with that platform is preferred.
- Must possess excellent organizational, time management, and planning skills.
- Ability to integrate feedback from multiple stakeholders into final product.
- Knowledge of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community and related issues nationally and regionally;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Self motivation and ability to take initiative on projects;
- Some background in prospect research;
- Strong knowledge of word processing, database and spreadsheet programs;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus;
- Demonstrated experience working in a multicultural environment where commitment to diversity based on race, ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and physical ability is an important institutional value
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with experience. Provides excellent benefits — health, dental and vision insurance; flex spending accounts, annual and sick leave; 403(b) plan. We also offer short-term disability, Long-term disability, Life insurance, technology stipend, health and wellness benefits and more.
This position is a part of our collective bargaining unit.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume addressing your qualifications, experience relevant to these responsibilities and describing your interest in being a member of the Task Force staff. We also ask that you submit to writing samples for this position. If possible, please submit the names, affiliations, and contact information for three references. Applications will be accepted at our Paylocity site by clicking https://www.thetaskforce.org/apply. No phone calls, please.
The Task Force is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, personal appearance, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law. Women, transgender people, veterans, and people of color are encouraged to apply.