WASHINGTON, DC — The National LGBTQ Task Force is pleased to announce registration for the 35th Creating Change Conference is now open. We expect thousands to join us in San Francisco, California, from Friday to Tuesday, February 17-21, 2023.
After two years of gathering virtually, Creating Change finally returns for a highly anticipated in-person gathering early next year, as we kick off the 50th anniversary of the Task Force’s founding in 1973.
As the foremost political, leadership, and skills-building conference for the LGBTQ movement, a special Creating Change registration rate is available in limited supply until October 31.
While you mark your calendar to join us and hopefully are able to share this information, here are some important highlights:
- Public Health: The Task Force continues to monitor public health priorities and may require Creating Change participants to wear masks and provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination upon arrival and check-in. As we approach February’s conference and continue to monitor public health emergencies – including the 2022 monkeypox outbreak – the Task Force will share additional protocols and expectations for helping to keep each other safer.
- Program: Creating Change 2023 will continue a long tradition of compelling day-long institutes alongside keynote presentations, annual awards, and more than 100 workshops and caucuses.
- Accessibility: Creating Change prioritizes full participation for all attendees. ASL, Spanish/English interpretation, closed captioning, and audiovisual/mobility support are provided.
- Have fun! While you’re building skills and having important conversations at Creating Change, you’ll have a wonderful time, too! Meet new friends at Gayme Night, on the dance floor, or even at a film screening.
- Financial Assistance: The conference remains committed to removing financial barriers, and no one will be turned away for lack of funds. For more information, please contact us.
ICYMI: 2023 marks the Task Force’s 50th anniversary. Let’s get the celebration started together in San Francisco!
Before you make plans to attend: Don’t forget to make your reservations at the Hilton Union Square. A discounted Creating Change Conference rate is only available until January 29, 2023. Information is on the web site.