Marketing and Fundraiser Manager
The National LGBTQ Task Force builds power, takes action and creates change to achieve freedom and justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer people, and their families. As a progressive racial, economic, and social justice organization, the Task Force works toward a society that values and respects the diversity of human expression and identity and achieves equity for all. The Task Force has offices in Washington, D.C., New York, and Miami. More information at http://www.thetaskforce.org
Job Title: Marketing and Fundraiser Manager
Position Location: Miami, FL
Reports to: Events Director
Summary: The primary focus of this position is to manage the fundraising and marketing activities for the organization’s two largest fundraising events, Winter Party Festival and the National LGBTQ Task Force Gala. This will include collaborating with other Development team members and Event Committees to create and implement fundraising strategies and coordinating efforts by staff and volunteers to raise money. The position will also play a major role in planning and executing marketing activities for both events.
The Marketing and Fundraising Manager is a full-time position and will be housed in the Task Force’s Miami office and report to the Events Director.
· Collaborate with Event Committees and Institutional and Corporate Giving Manager in strategizing, cultivating and solicitating corporate partners for the Miami events.
· Lead volunteer fundraising committees dedicated to raising corporate and individual dollars as well as securing in-kind donations for the National LGBTQ Task Force Gala and Winter Party Festival. This includes recruiting and building relationships with team members, developing a strategy, producing collateral materials, identifying potential sponsors, tracking sponsorship efforts and managing fulfillment.
· Develop materials to support the marketing and fundraising efforts of event volunteer committees.
· Lead effort to build relationships with Miami venues and corporate sponsors to secure complimentary or deeply reduced rates for events and meetings.
· Act as staff lead for both Miami event websites.
· Collaborate with staff and volunteer marketing leads to develop marketing and promotional campaigns for both events, to include creation, review and approval of content for eblasts, social media, and digital ads.
· Lead process of creating the Task Force Gala Journal and the Winter Party Festival Guide, including working with volunteer editors to plan, create and manage content; trafficking ads; and coordinating printing and distribution.
· Work closely with CMB Department to acquire and manage media sponsors to support the two Miami events. Ensure that in-kind and paid ads are designed, approved, and running properly in the leadup to each event.
· Assist volunteer Marketing Director in manag the Miami events promotional partners and influencer programs.
· Source, secure, and manage graphic design contracts and deliverables related to the two Miami events.
Finance & Administrative Responsibilities
· Monitor and track all revenue that arrives in Miami and assist the Events Director with financial reports, reconciliation, board memos, budget and expense tracking, and other finance tracking and reporting as needed.
· Manage the ticketing systems for both events, including liaising with the vendors and the Task Force Operations Department.
· Work closely with the Director of Operations and the Development Associate to ensure that all Miami revenue is properly coded and tracked in Raiser’s Edge.
· Handle special assignments as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of four years of experience in event fundraising and marketing.
· Ability to manage projects and lead teams, including strategizing and setting and meeting benchmarks.
· Ability to work with many different personality types.
· Strong organizational and time management skills, along with a superior attention to detail.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Self-motivated and a proven ability to take initiative.
· Excellent skills in MicroSoft Office software, particularly Word and Excel
· College degree or equivalent experience.
· Proficiency in WordPress, HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms, graphic design, professional prepress, and printing, publishing Blackbaud is a plus.
· Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and/or Luminate preferred
· Must possess valid Driver’s License
· Strong ties to the local LGBTQ community a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume addressing your experience relevant to these responsibilities and qualifications and describing your interest in being a member of the Task Force staff. If possible, a writing sample and salary requirements if applicable. please submit the names, affiliations and contact information for three references. Applications submitted via e-mail for this position should be directed to hr@theTaskForce.org; please write “Marketing and Fundraising Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
The Task Force is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, personal appearance, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law. Women, transgender people, veterans, and people of color are encouraged to apply.