The National LGBTQ Task Force builds power, takes action and creates change to achieve freedom and justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer people and their families. As a progressive racial, economic and social justice organization, the Task Force works toward a society that values and respects the diversity of human expression and identity and achieves equity for all. The Task Force has offices in Washington, D.C., New York, and Miami. More information at www.thetaskforce.org
Location: Miami, FL
Reports to: Events Director
Travel: Up to 25%
The Events Manager is part of the team that produces the Task Force’s two largest fundraising events, the National LGBTQ Task Force Gala and Winter Party Festival. The role is focused on volunteer recruitment and management and the logistical details of both events. The Events Manager also is responsible for producing the Task Force’s annual check presentation event; coordinating the organization’s participation in other Miami events, and manages the operations of the organization’s Miami office..
- Partner with the Event Vice Chair and Directors of Volunteer Relations and Volunteer Management to identify committee needs, recruit and onboard committee members and plan team-building activities.
- Act as staff lead for the Silent Auction, actively soliciting auction items and supporting the volunteer Auction Acquisitions and Logistics teams.
- Support the Directors of Volunteer Relations and Volunteer Management in identifying volunteer needs for the event, recruiting and training volunteers and planning volunteer orientations and appreciation events.
- Work with volunteer leaders to plan and execute the annual Gala Kick-off event, preview events and committee brunch.
- Oversee all activities related to event registration, including creating the registration list, following up with sponsors and table captains to obtain guest names and planning and executing the registration process and logistics for the night of the event.
- Plan and oversee load-in and load-out at Gala venue.
- Liaise with silent auction software provider.
- Assist the Events Director and Marketing and Fundraising Manager in securing sponsors and table hosts and in the tracking of event revenue and expenses.
- Handle logistical details involved with in-person committee meetings.
- Create event thank you list.
Winter Party Festival Responsibilities
- Partner with the volunteer Festival Chairs and Director of Committee Engagement to identify committee needs, recruit and onboard committee members, plan team-building activities and manage annual Executive Committee Strategic Planning retreat.
- Serve as staff lead for Social Programming, working with the Director of Social Programming to secure venues, coordinate logistics and support the individual Event Chairs.
- Serve as staff liaison with the volunteer Director(s) of Volunteer Relations for the Festival and support them in creating a recruitment strategy, managing the volunteer management database, planning volunteer orientations and the appreciation event.
- Work with Task Force staff and Winter Party Executive Committee members to plan, staff and oversee all logistics and finance operations during the Festival.
- Liaise with ticketing vendor and volunteer database vendor.
- Assist the Events Director and Marketing and Fundraising Manager Marketing and Fundraising Manager in the tracking of event revenue and expenses.
- Work with Development and Operations staff to ensure acknowledgment letters are received by Winter Party donors.
- Create event thank you list.
- Produce the organization’s annual check presentation event.
- Coordinate the Task Force’s involvement in South Florida community events, including Miami Beach Gay Pride, OUTShine Film Festival and the Pridelines Gala.
- Manage all invitation lists and RSVPs.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Task Force’s Miami office, including maintaining relationship with landlord and off-site storage facility and ordering office supplies.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and a proven team player.
- Skilled in volunteer recruitment, coordination and retention.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience running or playing a key role in large-scale event management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a problem-solving and customer-service attitude.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and a proven ability to take initiative.
- Excellent skills in MicroSoft Office software, particularly Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and/or Luminate preferred
- College Degree or equivalent experience, area of study preferred includes Event Management, Public Relations, Marketing or Hospitality
- Must possess valid Driver’s License
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred
- Proficiency with Event and Project Management Software, EventSquid and Asana a plus
- Proficiency in WordPress, HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms, graphic design, professional prepress, and printing, publishing Blackbaud is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
This a full-time, exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience. Provides excellent benefits — health, dental and vision insurance; annual and sick leave; 403(b) plan.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume addressing your experience relevant to these responsibilities and qualifications and describing your interest in being a member of the Task Force staff. If possible, please submit the names, affiliations and contact information for three references. Applications submitted via e-mail for this position should be directed to hr@theTaskForce.org; please write “Events Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
The Task Force is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, personal appearance, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law. Women, transgender people, veterans and people of color are encouraged to apply.