The National LGBTQ Task Force builds power, takes action and creates change to achieve freedom and justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer people and their families. As a progressive racial, economic and social justice organization, the Task Force works toward a society that values and respects the diversity of human expression and identity and achieves equity for all. The Task Force has offices in Washington, D.C., New York, and Miami. More information at www.thetaskforce.org
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Director of Communications
Department: Communications, Marketing and Branding
Travel: Up to 25%
The National LGBTQ Task Force seeks an experienced communications professional to work with the CMB team to amplify our work to diverse audiences in multiple ways . The ideal candidate will have experience with graphic design, print, digital and video content creation, marketing, and project management.
The Communications Manager will report to the Director of Communications. This full-time position is based in Washington, DC and candidates will be asked to provide a portfolio of relevant work with their interview.
- Work from a messaging and events/program calendar, and with organizational priorities and timely opportunities, to write and produce digital, print, video and other assets that advance the Task Force’s mission and increase the audience for the organization;
- Assist Director of Communications and other team members in coordinating audience growth, engagement, and marketing across several interlocking areas including events, advocacy, and development activities and to assist in special projects and campaigns as needed;
- Write and produce digital, and print content, such as social media content for all platforms, ads for use on social media platforms and media outlets, email blasts, and, and other assets as needed;
- Assist Director of Communications and other team members in calendar related campaigns, organizational and coalition campaigns and any regular communications with constituents.
Support digital marketing and outreach
- Set benchmarks in coordination with the Communications Director to set strategy to meaningfully expand the Task Force’s online presence through our website, email program, livestreaming and recorded events, and other digital platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other strategically relevant online mediums.
Develop marketing strategy and campaigns
- Create, manage, and execute strategic advocacy and marketing campaigns for public facing communications;
- Responsible for providing marketing support to Creating Change Conference, Winter Party Festival, Miami Gala, and other events, including virtual events;
- Work with designers to create and place advertisements.
- Use online measurement tools to report and analyze communications and campaign results; ability to develop strategies to continuously improve on those metrics.
Provide development and executive support
- As needed, work on projects to support fundraising initiatives, special presentations, events, and other work as assigned.
- Professional experience and demonstrated creativity and effectiveness in marketing, use of brand, communications, and graphic design.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout, and design skills. Able to express complex concepts cleanly and visually.
- Experience with creating video content and editing video content.
- Proven facility in WordPress, HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms, professional prepress, printing, and publishing.
- Experience in coding for email campaigns, including petitions and message actions. The Task Force uses Luminate by Blackbaud and experience with that platform is preferred.
- Must possess excellent organizational, time management, and planning skills.
- Ability to integrate feedback from multiple stakeholders into final product.
- Experience working with a national social justice advocacy organization preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
This a full-time, exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience. Provides excellent benefits — health, dental and vision insurance; annual and sick leave; 403(b) plan.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume addressing your experience relevant to these responsibilities and qualifications and describing your interest in being a member of the Task Force staff. If possible, please submit the names, affiliations and contact information for three references. Applications submitted via e-mail for this position should be directed to hr@theTaskForce.org; please write “Communications Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
The Task Force is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, personal appearance, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law. Women, transgender people, veterans and people of color are encouraged to apply.