Location: Miami Beach, Florida
The Events Manager oversees all aspects of the Task Force Gala – Miami; manages the Corporate Development Manager and the Conference and Events Associate in their responsibilities related to the Gala; manages the volunteer leadership of the Gala; manages the operations of the organization’s Miami office; and plays a core role with the Winter Party Festival.
- Other Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Task Force’s Miami office, including maintaining relationship with landlord and off-site storage facility, reviewing and approving office expenses, and other operational duties.
- Explore and manage additional South Florida volunteer and fundraising activities
- Ability to regularly work evenings and weekends
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and a proven team player
- Skilled in volunteer recruitment, coordination and retention
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience running or playing a key role in large-scale (both people and money) event management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a problem-solving and customer-service oriented attitude
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and a proven ability to take initiative
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office software, particularly Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and/or Luminate preferred
- College Degree or equivalent experience, area of work/study preferred includes Event Management, Public Relations, Marketing and/or Hospitality
- Must possess valid Driver’s License and have regular access to a reliable vehicle
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred
- Proficiency with Event and Project Management Software, Event Squid and Asana a plus
- Proficiency in WordPress, HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms, graphic design, professional prepress, and printing, publishing Blackbaud is a plus.
Please submit a cover letter and resume addressing your experience relevant to these responsibilities and qualifications and describing your interest in being a member of the Task Force staff. If possible, please submit the names, affiliations and contact information for three references. Applications submitted via e-mail for this position should be directed to hr@theTaskForce.org; please write “Events Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.