Reports & Research
David v. Goliath: A report on faith groups working for lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender equality and what they’re up against
Anti-gay religious groups’ tactics often overshadow the work of pro-gay religious groups. But faith groups working for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) equality do exist, and it is important that they collaborate with secular progressive organizations. This report surveys major groups working within religious traditions to effect change for LGBT people. Included are:
- Denominations or large congregations that have made a commitment to full inclusion of LGBT people;
- LGBT affinity group networks in major denominations that have not made a commitment to full inclusion;
- Organizations that are working at the intersection of faith, LGBT issues and at least one other identity-based issue, such as race or gender.
These organizations are often:
- At odds with a larger, less progressive denomination/congregation;
- At odds with those in the LGBT community who stereotype all religions as anti-gay.
- The Issues
- Get Involved
- Our Work
- Reports & Research
- Support Us
- About Us