Articles of Faith
Articles of Faith
Articles of Faith are a series of commentary pieces on the intersection of faith and the struggle for inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in religion. Written by members of the National Religious Leadership Roundtable, these insightful commentaries shed light on the welcoming efforts of many faiths towards LGBT people.
- Article of Faith: Why the pro-LGBT movement should welcome religion
The Rev. Rebecca Voelkel of the National Religious Leadership Roundtable reflects on the critical role of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people of faith in the struggle for LGBT equality and justice.
- Article of Faith: Reflections on 2008 from a lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender faith perspective
The Rev. Rebecca Voelkel of the National Religious Leadership Roundtable takes a look back at the critical episodes of the past year in the struggle for LGBT equality from a faith perspective.
- Article of Faith: Keeping the faith after outcomes of ballot measures impacting LGBT people
Members of the National Religious Leadership Roundtable reflect on the outcome of key contests impacting lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people nationwide, and call on LGBT people to keep the faith in the midst of the election outcomes.
- Article of Faith: Multi-faith leaders stand in support of the freedom to marry
The Rev. Rebecca Voelkel recounts the gathering of multi-faith leaders standing against a discriminatory measure that would eliminate equal rights for same-sex couples.
- Article of Faith: Taking the Pulpit to Pride
The Rev. Rebecca Voelkel addresses the convergence of the faith and LGBT communities during the Pride season.
- Article of Faith: In the Papal Pocket: Benedict XVI and the Press
Mary E. Hunt, Ph.D., addresses the need for a broader analysis within the media of the pope’s visit to the U.S.
- Article of Faith: Archbishop Desmond Tutu thanks lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people and asks for forgiveness
The Rev. Jay Emerson Johnson, Ph.D., addresses the inspiring advocacy of globally renowned faith leader, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, in favor of LGBT people.
- Article of Faith: A call to people of faith to stand against anti-LGBT violence
The Rev. Mike Schuenemeyer addresses the terrible anti-LGBT violence and the need for a response from the faith community.
- Article of Faith: Days of Awe: Turning to do good
A look at the Jewish High Holy Days by Dr. Joel L. Kushner.
- Article of Faith: Women’s history, women’s future in religion
A historical look at the role of women in religion and the hope for a brighter future of inclusion and respect towards women in all faith traditions.
- Article of Faith: Love, integrity and justice for all
The Rev. Debra Haffner explores the issue of marriage equality from a faith perspective with a call to bring justice to all relationships.
- Article of Faith: Religious leaders praise call for LGBT inclusion in the church. Read the joint statement.
The National Religious Leadership Roundtable praised the joint statement put forth by the Council of Bishops, Elders and Christian Leaders on Sept. 11, 2006, denouncing hostility that uses Christianity against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.
- Articles of Faith: How do you mend a broken world?
Rabbi Sharon Kleinbaum encourages us to mend a broken world, embracing diversity and advocating for full inclusion and participation of each and every one of us in a more just society.
- Articles of Faith: Sewing a quilt of black gay and spiritual pride
The Rev. Cedric Harmon calls us to learn to celebrate not only Black Gay Pride, but to broaden our celebration towards black gay and spiritual pride.
- The Issues
- Get Involved
- Our Work
- Reports & Research
- Support Us
- About Us