The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force builds the power of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community from the ground up. The Task Force is the country’s premier social justice organization fighting to improve the lives of LGBT people, and working to create positive, lasting change and opportunity for all.
Position Location: Washington, D.C.
Classification: Bargaining Unit Position, regularly scheduled part-time
The Finance Associate provides support to the Task Force’s financial and administrative functions. This position is primarily responsible for accounting transaction processing. The Finance Associate also supports the office management function of the headquarters office.
This position reports directly to the Accounting Manager.
- Responsible for processing of accounts payable transactions
- Data entry as assigned for other accounting transactions
- Maintain files of processed transactions
- • Performs assigned regular duties related to the proper functioning of the Washington DC headquarters office. These duties may include processing incoming and outgoing mail, ordering of supplies, and securing service assistance for office equipment or systems.
- Supports audits and external reviews, as assigned
- One to two years experience with accounting system applications (preferably QuickBooks)
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheets
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Must have excellent oral and interpersonal skills
How Performance Is Evaluated
- Accuracy of data entry
- Correct application of accounting policies to processed transactions (per diem rates, approvals, etc)
- Completion of projects on time and in an efficient manner
- Quality of oral and written communications
- Degree of involvement in finance and administrative initiatives
- Ability to be a team player
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits. This position is a part of the collective bargaining unit is non-exempt (paid hourly). Provides access to excellent health, dental and vision insurance.
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest in being a member of the Task Force staff, a resume addressing your experience and qualifications relevant to the position. If possible, please submit the names, affiliations and contact information for three references. Applications submitted via e-mail for this position should be directed to hr@theTaskForce.org; please write "Finance Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
The Task Force is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, personal appearance, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law. Women, transgender people, veterans and people of color are encouraged to apply.
- The Issues
- Get Involved
- Our Work
- Reports & Research
- Support Us
- About Us